Monday, March 8, 2010

The One About The Oscars

I feel like this weekend had too much going on - and I think this week is only going to get more jampacked. Friday night my friend Ian and I went to see Roger Creager which was so much fun! He's fabulous, and the crowd at Zydeco provided enough entertainment in and of themselves. One woman was out with her child and continually danced (inappropriately) with her friend, some guy who could not have been over 20. Awkward.

Saturday we did Chili Cook-Off along with everyone else in Birmingham. It was so great getting to see people that have been MIA in my life recently. Coopers - Mark sends a big hug and hello!

We did top it off a very weird weekend yesterday evening with a party to watch The Academy Awards. I made gumbo (
this one) but added some new spices and shrimp. It was delicious if I do say so myself. We also made these precious ballots - and provided our friend Grace (who won) with a bottle of wine to take home.

The weekend was so jam packed we ended up having a smaller crowd than we planned on but it was so much fun!
There were some pretty gorgeous people walking the red carpet, and lots of my favorites won Oscars!

I will say, the highlight of the night might have been Roger Ross Williams being accosted on stage by a producer who worked on his film Music By Prudence. Elinor Burkett (whoever she is, is a nutcase). You can watch the video here, if you were unlucky enough to miss it.

Some of my favorite dresses were Sara Jessica Parker, Zoe Saldana, Carey Mulligan, Tina Fey and Elizabeth Banks.

Penelope Cruz (always), Mariska Hargitay, Sigourney Weaver, and Mariah Carey (I know, shocked) looked beautiful too.


People I thought looked weird? Charlize Theron, Cameron Diaz, Kristen Stewart, and Miley Cyrus. Miley's and Kristen's hadn't been fit very well, Charlize's was just unattractive and Cameron looked more like Barbie than herself. She looks so much better in something with a little more personality.

My favorite though, HANDS DOWN was Rachel McAdams. Isn't she gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment