Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The One About My Crock-Pot

Santa brought me a long list of wonderful things for Christmas this year, not the least of which were a crock-pot and a set of sheets. Apparently I'm a big kid now.

So - in an effort to put my crock-pot to its best use, I have discovered that recipes on the subject run rampant around the internet (and in books).

Doesn't this look delicious?


1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 (10-ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
2 links andouille sausage, diced
1 cup chopped onions
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
2 cups cooked rice

...and check out these BEYOND easy instructions...

In a slow-cooker, combine the chicken and all remaining ingredients except the rice. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. Serve over rice.

The hardest part of this sounds like the chopping...I am the world's worst chopper. Good thing my roommate got me one of these little gadgets for Christmas. Do you think she's noticed?

1 comment:

  1. that sounds so good! what a great gift. i miss my crock pot. i think i'm going to have to get one over here...it's just so easy on those cold days!

    ReplyDelete