Friday, January 15, 2010

The One About 2010

So we're 15 days into this new year and I have yet to address resolutions of any kind. I'm absolutely horrible at keeping resolutions, breaking bad habits just isn't my thing...but I think this year I might work on picking up some good habits. So here is my list...

1. Take my lunch to work. I'm pretty sure I've already promised to do this about six times, but I figured I would give it another shot. Just thinking about all of the money I will save, and all of the time I will save, and all of the hassle and gas and stress I will save...that will be worth it. I think.

2. I want to try to read more. I absolutely love to read, but it takes me a little while to get into a book and I have a nasty habit of putting books down before I've actually finished them. The worst part of this habit though, is the fact that I have a hard time picking anything else up before I've completed book A. I have a massive list accumulating of books I want to read, and if I don't get on it right now - the list is going to overwhelm me. I just read Water For Elephants in three days, so I think I should be able to manage two books a month. Right? As long as they're really good ones? I might have to plan a few road trips for some much needed sit-and-read time...

3. Exercise, exercise, exercise. That is all.

4. I want to be a better saver of money. I'm horrible at it. Horrible, horrible, horrible. I should just transfer money into my savings on the very day I receive a paycheck, but then it just stares at me from that little "savings account" line in my online banking, and I think of all of the wonderful things I could be using that money for. Like this, see resolution #2.

5. And last but not least...I want to be better about this whole blogging thing. I've kind of slacked off in the last few weeks, huh? Y'all are going to have to remind me of this one.

Now I'm off to nurse an illness. Some of my absolute favorite people are coming in town this weekend to celebrate the wedding of a good friend and I'm going to need to not be sniffling, coughing and sneezing all over them...

No comments:

Post a Comment