Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The One With The Cable Guy

TODAY IS THE DAY! A man, who may or may not look like this guy, is going to come to my apartment and install cable (with HDDVR - hallelujah because my mom can't TIVO to save her life) and internet! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, I can DVR (the best show ever) So You Think You Can Dance tonight! I'll also be able to get on the internet when I'm not at work - and hopefully everything will feel a little bit more like home in the apartment. Unfortunately, the 'rents are out of town tonight with my sister so I have to stay at their house with my brother (so he doesn't throw any monstrous parties where someone could get hurt) and the dog (so she gets to go out and gets to eat food - because the brosef won't do that.) I guess I'll get to enjoy my civilized life after they get home. I'm at work today so luckily my sweet brother is going to go over there and make sure the guy doesn't install everything wrong - and that we get what we're paying for. Long story short - I'm back from being a caveman and moving into the current generation.YAY!

** UPDATE: Liars at Charter Communications said they would install and get everything up and running, BUT for some unknown reason they can only run 6 feet of cord because I live in an apartment? WHAT!? That my friends is discrimination against people who cannot afford houses! Why can't you give me the same amount of wiring as everyone else? Therefore my own personal handyman team (the brother and daddio) is going to have to run cable to make it actually work (do Charter's job). UGH UGH UGH. I didn't ask the bro - I'm assuming this does not affect my internet. Charter - is this the beginning of a miserable relationship? No TV for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment