Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The One Where I Have A Goal

My granddad is the coolest person I know. He fought in WWII, and was one of the first people documenting the destruction in Japan after the U.S. bombs fell. Unfortunately this experience likely contributed to the cancer found in his lungs many years later, and his passing. He died the night before he was supposed to start chemo - I guess he decided he just didn't want to go through all of that! His biggest passion was journalism. He worked hard to bring The Peabody Awards into existence, and my family has always been wrapped up in radio stations across Georgia. He was a favorite professor at UGA and spent countless hours at Georgia's football games. BUT. His main passion was gadgets. Lots and lots of gadgets. He LOVED flashlights, and when my dad bought my new computer with some of what granddaddy gave him - it was an obviously Worth move. That's his name, Worth. Anyways - before he passed away he gave our family one of these, and I confiscated it for my photography class. After he died we found out he had 2 more (WHY? no one knows), exactly the same, so I have kept mine, Dad has one and my cousin has one. Unfortunately I don't really know how to use it and I rarely take it anywhere. It has three different lenses and I'm not even sure what the difference is. During all my blogginess, I've seen so many people (here, here, and here) who take such gorgeous pictures. I'm hoping that if I get it in gear I can learn how to use mine. Any suggestions on places to look for advice? Wolfe Camera? Best Buy? Are there books on this? I'll let y'all know if I start taking anything worth seeing - I tried once at the end of the school year, I just need to get them off the camera and onto the computer! Maybe I'll do that tonight and put some up here. The to-do list just keeps getting bigger and bigger...

1 comment:

  1. wolf camera has classes that you can take if you buy camera there. maybe you can get in on those. also samford does classes too.

    ReplyDelete