Thursday, June 18, 2009

The One With The Problem With Work Clothes

Getting a real job produces lots of questions - 401k, benefits, salary, budget, WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR? The first 21 years of your life are spent wearing anything and everything - except for work appropriate attire. Not only do you need to buy a lot of new things, you need to FIND these new things. I don't know if it's just me but work attire is different from regular clothing in many ways. First - and most importantly, IT'S SMALLER, I swear I am so uncomfortable at work it's just plain cruel. I sit in a desk, already unfortunate, but I also sit in my desk is uber confining clothing. So awful. Secondly, work clothes are expensive. They're expensive anyways - better fabrics, etc. but you also have to worry about altering so that you look professional, and DRY CLEANING. It costs a fortune to dry clean clothes. My new plan is just to drop my things off at our cleaners and let dad pick them up with his things - hopefully if I just never ask, "Hey where is that uber confining previously tailored jacket I had dry cleaned?" my parents will never know the different. Do any of y'all have suggestions for some day-to-night type things? Or just day to hi, I'm comfortable. I think from now on I'm going to avoid pants all together....dresses are much better! Here are a few things I thought might work, but I need to go try them on.

from Anthropologie

This girl looks comfortable doesn't she? I think I could sit in this dress all day and not want to kill myself. Plus it's a really cute pattern/color and it could totally transition from work to dinner to a day at the beach (if I ever go to the beach again...)

from Banana Republic

For this one they're going to go ahead and have to get some more in - I am not a large. BUT, I think it's cute, I could dress it up with wedges and jewelry (I definitely don't work in a suit type of office) for work and then wear it with flip flops and a headband during the weekend. Any other suggestions? You other people that are working (Ryan you don't count because I'm not replacing my wardrobe and you'll want me to buy everything Neimans sells) what are y'all wearing. I'm so UNCOMFORTABLE.

On that same note....how many of y'all have considered this? Doesn't this look so much more comfortable than the typical "I have strings holding my clothes on" bikini?

No comments:

Post a Comment