Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The One With All The Shelving

There is very little storage in my apartment. There are closets and things - but no bookshelves, and the bookshelves in my room at home need to stay there. Unfortunately, I have a LOT of books. More than enough. Really I just have too many, but I'm not planning on getting rid of any of them so there you go. The most logical solution I can come up with is these shelves at IKEA. My parent's have them in the basement at their house and they actually look good! PLUS - you can mix and match which is perfect for my place because we have a TV we would like to sit on it. The way we could work it out so they everything fits how it is supposed to. Some of my other thoughts were....

from Domino, and High Fashion Home

I'm pretty sure High Fashion Home is my new favorite blog - I do a LOT of blog browsing while I'm at work. I'm less busy currently because my boss is in and out so much. I'm still in the middle of learning everything she does so if she's gone I generally just try to watch emails and hope nothing goes seriously wrong. Not only do I do a lot of blog browsing in general, but not that I have moved into my own apartment I'm looking at all of these beautiful homes with serious envy. One more option for the wall in my living room (aka prime book shelf space) is this -

Hive Shelving by Craig Varterian for Boom Design

This was designed for Boom, which is one of my new favorite stores. It's got some really cute things, and it's not very expensive. It reminds me a little bit of IKEA, but with some less practical - more beautiful things. It's fun to browse and it would definitely be a nice place to find some fun things if you were hosting a party. This blogging thing might turn out to be the most expensive thing I've ever done, I keep discovering these new places to spend money. I am not sure exactly how you put things in here but I think it is definitely pretty! It would look good in my situation because we have a whole wall to put things on, and that way it wouldn't look totally like storage - it would also have some visual interest all by itself (also good because we don't have tons of fabulous accessories to fill it with.) The only problem I see with it is that I think it's really pretty in this picture, but I'm much more traditionalist than this piece is - and I don't want it to look completely odd within other rooms of my future (larger, and perfectly decorated) home. Things to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment