Monday, February 8, 2010

The One About Cookies

I made these this weekend.

Then I decorated them with this icing, colored black and yellow.

And I took them to a Super Bowl party.

Maybe they were good luck?

A few quick thoughts:

Make the cookies in advance, so the icing really has time to harden up...mine might have gotten a little smushed in the process of driving out to Hoover.

Don't use all the water, or even most of it, the icing was pretty runny.

If you can't find pastry bags, or squeeze bottles, make friends with the nice guy in Whole Foods. He let me "borrow" a few from the bakery.

I didn't have brandy, and felt boring using milk. Martha suggests orange juice but I used amaretto. I'm not sure it made much of a difference - but the cookies were delicious.

And that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment