Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The One Where I Stopped Blogging

Sorry - I have been completely swamped at work. Not to mention, I'm babysitting for a family the first part of this week so I'm headed there every afternoon. Generally, I'm just out of free time.

But - in an effort to keep you up to date, here's the rundown.

Friday night our friend Grant came in town and brought Jack. We made our way to Oasis and Rare Martini and then I stumbled upon our next-door neighbors' zombie party, which was...interesting.

Saturday morning we woke up in the middle of the night early to head towards Tuscaloosa for the Alabama - UT game. Grant had tickets and was sweet enough to let Liz and I tag along with them. We did all the things I love about Tuscaloosa: tailgating, football (and hotdogs), Gallette's, and band parties. I'll admit - I felt VERY old, but that's easy to get over. It was wonderful, and I was exhausted on Sunday morning.

Sunday I was asked to babysit for the next few days, so that's what I've been doing since then. This morning I got all of the kids up and tried to get out the door a little bit early. I was taking the dog by the vet before heading to work - so I figured a little extra time wouldn't hurt.

Well....all of that time got eaten up after the dog VOMITED on the master bedroom's bedspread. A VERY EXPENSIVE bedspread. After that was cleaned up I added dry cleaner's to my list of things for this morning and piled everyone in the car.

Eventually I did make it to work where it was only more hectic, and stressful, and made me want to go back to the babysitting.

So - that's where I am, and I'm hoping that this blog title doesn't actually come true...but as the week get crazier and crazier I may just fall off the map entirely. I guess I'll have to come back and beat you all over the head with the giant "I'm going to Texas on Friday" stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment