Monday, October 5, 2009

The One About My 10-Year-Old

I spent this weekend babysitting for two families while their parents went on a golf trip. I didn't have to do much because most of the (6) children are in high school and one was on a church retreat. I did however, have one 10-year-old who likes to sleep walk. Unfortunately, no one warned me of this prior to everyone hitting the sack Friday night.

I woke up in the middle of the night, in a very hazy state of mind, to a little boy crawling in bed with me. Granted, I was in his parent's bed - so maybe this is a regular thing, but WHAT?

They have a monster king bed, so I just made sure he was ok and rolled to the other side - but that's weird right!? I was more than a little uncomfortable.

Sidenote: I've always heard that it's dangerous to wake up people who are sleep walking. Is that true?

Found out Saturday morning, after I woke up and he had moved on - that this is not unusual, maybe they should warn people! Apparently he has managed to do a lot of other really funny things in the middle of the night...which I am not going to get into now.

Anything super awkward happen to you this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment