Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The One About FSU

This afternoon has made me seriously contemplate keeping my camera on and at the ready at all times. Unfortunately, I don't do this - so you're going to have to imagine.

I was on my way back to work from my lunch break. I pulled onto Highway 280 and guess who I was behind? Florida State football's #1 fan. Excellent.

This man (or woman, couldn't tell) drove this...


And had 12, I counted - I am sure, TWELVE of these attached to the car...

Two in each door window (two in the driver's side, two in the passenger's side and two in each of the back windows) plus four in that amazing window in the trunk door.

If that didn't make his Florida State fanness clear enough - he also plastered the back of his car with two different magnets that looked like this (except much, much larger)...


and one bumper sticker that looked like this.

Now I understand people that are obsessive, I live in Alabama. People drive around with tiger tails coming out of their trunks, they wear t-shirts about their "National Championships" even when they're losing every week, and bumper stickers come in every form and fashion...

But let me explain - it is NOT game day, you are not in Tallahassee (or even Florida) and you did not recently give someone a major whoopin' that you're attempting to brag about.


In actuality, you just BARELY beat Jacksonville State on Saturday and you're probably going to get destroyed by BYU tomorrow night. This is the moment to be discreet. I'm not saying stop cheering for FSU - go ahead and do that if you're so inclined - but PLEASE do not obscure my view of the road with the obscene amount of maroon covering your car.

It's embarrassing, or at least it should be...

maybe that's the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment