Thursday, July 16, 2009

The One With The Cool Website

One of my good friends, Kirbie, is working out in L.A and she frequently posts on the blog of the business she is interning for. She works for Chic Events and so naturally their blog is called My Chic Life. Recently the blog highlighted a website called Velocity Art and Design that has - literally - thousands of things on it (useful and not) but prices that are sometimes close to within my budget (read...not crazily overpriced). The site includes art (some original, some prints), tabletop, fun and useless items, frames, etc. Not only are there a few things I would love to have in my not so beautifully furnished apartment, but because there are a million, varied things to look at, the site is fun to "window shop" too. It would be perfect for baby gifts, especially if the baby would love a glass piggy bank like the one above, or a birthday present, or just presents for me. They even have this ring that is also on the MOMA site, and I've been looking at it for a few YEARS now, that's a LONG time for me. Basically, the point is, if you want something fabulous for your apartment, or your friend, or yourself - this would be a great place to look! Your lucky if you're my friend because I already have a few things in mind...
Blue Wave by Amanda KavanaghGreeting cards for friend's birthdays (to go with their gift from Velocity)Forget Me Not ring

No comments:

Post a Comment