Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The One About Time Travel

This weekend my mom and I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife. We were trying to choose between it and Julie & Julia (don't worry - we're going to go see that one too) and somehow landed on Time Traveler. I already know Julia & Julia is good (thanks Dawson), so I'm glad we saw this one Sunday - we'll still have to go back for the other one.

It was REALLY good. Granted, I like movies and tend to enjoy them as long as the subject is pretty interesting, but I think people who are picky would like this one too. It's very romantic - but also very weird. There were definitely a few "huh - what is going on?" moments but by the middle of the movie you should have a pretty good handle on what's going on.

Parts of it are heartbreaking, and other parts are happy. I cried a few times (only little tears...) but it was totally worth it. It's a good Sunday afternoon with mom movie, not a very good Friday night date night movie.

I thought Rachel McAdams was wonderful. Eric Bana wasn't as good as his on-screen wife, but he's beautiful so it's hard to criticize him. He was by NO means not good in the movie, Rachel was just a little more believable, and for a large part of the movie he spoke in a very soft almost monotone voice, which was a little bit annoying.

Ron Livingston is in it and I love him. He's really funny (but I think it's impossible for him not to be) and adds a LOT of the comic relief.

This movie definitely lived up to the book (as much as movies can). Obviously, I'm a much bigger fan of books in general but I think this was a fairly good remake. Definitely worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment